The iVTH was founded in 1946 as "Verein für Technische Holzfragen" on the initiative of Dr. Wilhelm Klauditz, the former director of the correspondent institute, subsequent the Fraunhofer-Institut für Holzforschung.
The iVTH is an association of companies and personalities which promotes research and development in the field of wood and other renewable raw materials.
Our missions are:
- Evaluation and support of research and development works
- Assignment of research missions with actual objectives
- Implementation of research results
- Organising scientific events
- Award of the Wilhelm-Klauditz-Prize for Wood Research and Environmental Protection
The iVTH provides advice for its members and informs them regularly and free of charge about actual research results of the Fraunhofer-Institut für Holzforschung, Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut, and other research bodies. Short reports from current research projects are for our members exclusive.
iVTH is member of
- German Federation of Industrial Research Associations - AiF e. V., Köln - AiF, Köln, Germany
click here to visit AiF
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., München, Germany
click here to visit FhG
- Holzforschung Austria | Austrian Forest Products Research Society, Vienna, Austria
click here to visit Holzforschung Austria
- Adhesive Technology Board - GAK
Adhesive Technology Board
- Hardwood Research Interest Group - IGLHF
Hardwood Research Interest Group
- Verein zur Förderung der Normung im Bereich Holzwirtschaft und Möbel e. V. (VFNHM)